This course will cover the basic principals of infection control
Concepts of Microbiology
True or False
- Cocci are bacteria that are round and spherical in shape.
- Parasitic microorganisms are classified as fungi.
- Bacteria that is rod shaped are called spirilla.
- Infection and disease are caused by microorganisms called pathogens.
- Any patient should be considered a source of infection.
- OSHA set the rules for standard precautions.
- Gas or steam under pressure can be used to sterilize objects.
- Washing your hands is considered sterile technique.
- Viruses cannot reproduce unless they are within another cell.
Place in the correct order
- Turns on water
- Wets hands thoroughly with fingertips pointing downward
- Applies soap to hands and wrists
- Lathers all surfaces of hands, wrists, and fingers producing friction for at least 15 seconds
- Clean fingernails by rubbing fingertips against palms of the opposite hand
- Rinses all surfaces of wrists, hands, and fingers keeping them lower than the elbow
- Uses clean, dry paper towel to dry all surfaces of hands, wrists, and fingers
- Uses clean, dry paper towel to turn off faucet
- Disposes of used pater towels in the wastebasket immediately after shutting off faucet