Which of the following are indicators for a high risk or complex discharge?
For this question, please consult the High Risk Discharge Indicators document. You can download it from the link below. It is also a good handout to keep for future reference.
High Risk Discharge Indicators
- This link going to the Planned Patient Discharge SharePoint site. It's a good page to bookmark for easy access to all the Medworxx reference materials in the future.
- You may need to log in. If so, use your personal network login.
- Multiple medical problems or progressive/chronic disease
- Hospitalized > 3 times, and/or multiple Emergency Department visits within the last 12 months due to similar conditions
- Inability to manage instrumental activities of daily living and have inadequate supports
- Evidence of caregiver stress
- Evidence of physical, financial, or emotional abuse
- Funding and accommodation issues
- Family lives out of town
- Cognitive impairment that is interrupting the delivery of the Patient Care Plan
- History of substance abuse