The first civilization to develop an advanced counting system including the number zero is ______________.
What natural resource was most important to the Eastern Woodlands?
_______________ is when groups depend on supplies of food and other natural resources to meet their needs.
All civilizations have:
- similar ways of life
what parts of the buffalo were used?
How were the parts of the buffalo used?
- make tools
- to eat
- to make clothing
- to make weapons
- All of the Above
According to the land bridge theory, early people crossed from the continent of ________.
The Native Americans living in the Arctic banded together because ____________.
- there was little wood
- food was scarce
- it was cold
The economy of Native Americans living in the Arctic shared _________.
- A civilization culture has a strong influence on the way a civilization is developed.
- A civilization ceremony has a strong influence on the way a civilization is developed.
- People of the Arctic adapted their shelters by building igloos.
- Scientists say that the people who live in North America were here thousands of years before the land bridge theory.
- Tepees were made from animal skins stretched over wood poles.
- Longhouses were made from igloos
- Longhouses were made from trees cut down in the Eastern Woodlands and the Pacific Northwest.
- Languages separated the Iroquoian and the Algonquian.
Native Americans often depend on this to produce more goods.
- Division of Labor
- Chief Indian
The Northwest Coast people also depended on __________for their economy.
Societies were broken down into __________ and at the top were religious leaders.
ext matching question
movement of people
things found that allow scientists to learn a great deal about early life of people
the first people in North America; our past family memebers
celebrations or religious events
homes built using adobe bricks
idea based on study and research
The Plains people did not depend on trees because:
- they did not have many trees
- they wanted to fish
- they had buffalo
What is the main reason early people began to live in villages?
- they built houses
- they developed agriculture
- they hunted food
The Northwest Coast and Eastern Woodlands depended on ____________.
- the chief to bring food
- trees to provide wood
- women to wash clothing
Northwest Coast and Eastern Woodlands used wood to:
- make toys
- make canoes
- make homes
- make tools