Coaching: Easy as 1-2-3 !
Coaching - in 3 easy steps! A quick overview, to enable you to be a brilliant coach and ensure you conduct a well-planned session, that is well documented - and leads to great results!
This module will take you about 10-15 minutes, including a short video. Have fun!
1. Plan & Prepare
Plan & Prepare - for EVERY coaching session
Step 1 - True or False?
- Planning for great coaching sessions includes planning in advance, and assigning a space with privacy and without any distractions
- As I prepare for a coaching session, only the hard facts need to be gathered
2. Coach - the G.R.O.W. model
Coaching using the G.R.O.W. model
G.R.O.W. stands for
GROW questions - which questions shall be used?
- "Open questions", which encourage conversation (what, why, how, when)
- "Closed questions", which could block conversations (Can you, Did you, shall, should, is it true...)
Using the coaching log ...
... to guide your coaching sessions
When conducting / documenting a coaching session...
- I shall use the coaching log @ coaching.teledirectasia.com
- To be most efficient, I can keep my entries short and skip certain sections
- For the coachees' benefit and for review of the session, diligently filling the coaching log is imperative
- In order to make my coaching session faster, I can fill the entire coaching log in advance and simply talk the coachee through
- When discussing sections about Goals, Reality, Opportunities and Way-forward, I shall first and foremost ask open questions to my coachee and listen to his/her thoughts, ideas and explanations
- I might have my own ideas what the coachee must do, but only if we come to a joint agreement and the coachee is ready to give his/her full commitment, can I expect the coaching session to get the desired result
You are done!
We trust this was a helpful run-through of some of the main aspects on coaching @ TD.
Thanks for taking time for this, and all the best with your coachees going forward.
Please, feel free to reach out to us with any further questions, requests for additional resources and your feedback. You can reach us under [email protected]
All the best!
Your Teledirect Talent Strategists (a.k.a. Regional HR)