Which color group uses tints and shades of all the same color?
Using red font on a blue background is a an acceptable choice.
What is the standard margin size for most professional correspondence (memos, letters, resumes, etc...)?
- 1 inch on all four margins
- 1 inch on the top and bottom
- 1 inch on the sides
- 1.5 inches on the top and bottom
- 1.5 inches on the sides
- 1.5 inches on all four margins
- 2 inches on all four margins
What type of font is used for Headings?
Select all of the heading groups that are grammatically parallel with each other. You will have multiple answers.
- -Understanding Common Goals -Communicating Goals to Teammates -Setting Goal Deadlines
- -How Do I Contact the Department? -Where Do I Meet the Team? -How Will I Know What to Do?
- -Apply to UNT -Select Technical Communication -Achieve Your Goals
- -Who to Call -What to Ask -How to Set Up an Appointment
- -What is a Weige -Understanding Cats -Where to Buy Fluffy Cats
- -What Books to Use -Where to Find Good Books -Visiting a Book Store
Use gray for heading colors when you are printing in black and white.
You should always capitalize every word in a heading.
What punctuation should you avoid completely in headings?
- Colons, Semi-colons, and Periods
- Hyphen, Question Mark
Headings should always be in a color different than the body text color.
What alignment works best for headings in most professional, business, or technical documents?
- Left Alignment
- Right Alignment
- A Combination of Alignments
Writers should never use all caps in headings.
Headings should always be in sentence format.
If your design uses colors that are directly opposite each other on the color wheel, you are using a _________ color scheme.
When you use white space, blank space, or negative space to group or separate items on a page, you are using __________ in your document design.
In business, professional, and technical writing, what font size do we usually use for captions?
When you are creating a piece of communication, what is the most important thing to consider?