PCI & All Things Data 2016
This introductory module will provide you with important information on how to remain compliant with regards to PCI (Payment Card Industry) requirements.
By the end of this module you will be able to
- Understand what PCI is?
- Know the purpose of the PCI standard
- List who it applies to
- State what the PCI council have advised
Payment Card Industry
What is PCI-DSS?
What is the purpose of the standard?
Who does it apply to?
What has the PCI Council advised?
What does PCI - DSS stand for?
- Payment Card Industry (Data Security Standard)
- Personal Card Information (Data Safety Standard)
Who implemented the PCI - DSS standards and what did they advise?
- The Secret Service. They have advised that all card data must be thrown away.
- The PCI council. They have advised that as of the 1st October 2015, all card data must be kept secure and can no longer be verbally given over the phone.