Challenges for Part-time Instructors Test
Multiple Choice Quiz
Which of the following is NOT a strategy to engage students as adult learners?
- Make the content meaningful
- Collaborative learning amongst students
- Reduce and manage digital distractions
- Probe for responses from students by pointing them out
Which of the following is NOT a step to managing dual work-life balance?
- time management
- setting goals
- setting boundaries
- successfully completing groupthink
Burnout can be defined as...
- a psychological state of emotional and physical exhaustion
- makes a person incapable of functioning at their normal level
- causes immediate long-term side effects
- A & B
- A & C
How can time-management be created in dual work-life balance?
- clarifying work hours and expectations
- all of the above
- none of the above
Students learn best through Andragogy because...
- they need to be involved with the topic at hand
- andrgogy and pedagogy are the same
- motivated solely by intrinsic factors
- motivated solely by extrinsic factors
What challenges do instructors face when using a Course Management System?
- familar domain of communication
- electronic communication with the instructor will be reciprocal and consistent
- part-time instructors receive the same orientation and learning modules as full-time faculty do
True or False, maximizing the capabilities of your smartphone will improve the learning environment?
What are the four key elements of the Course Management System?
- email, postings online, posting grades and smartphones
- email, module assignments, posting grades and tablets
- smartphones, laptops, textbooks and course material
What is most essential in creating a successful learning environment?
- clear communication
- forming respectful relationships
- encouraging creative thinking
- setting expectations of participation
- all of the above