LGB stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual but what do these terms mean?
- Lesbian—a woman who is emotionally and physically attracted to women.
- Gay—a man who is physically attracted to men
- Bisexual—a man who is emotionally and physically attracted to women and men.
Which of the following terms do you think best describes the group transgender?
- Transgender people
- Trans people
- Gender variant people
- All of the above
Which of the following statements do you think best explains gender expression and, which of the following do you think best explains gender identity?
Gender Expressionan individuals external gender-related physical appearance and behaviour
Gender Identityan individuals internal self-perception of own gender
When an individual is transition from male to female which of the following terms do you think best describes this?
- Trans Woman
- Trans Man
- Trans Gender
Trans is very much an umbrella term for quite a few different groups. Which of the following groups do you think would fall under this umbrella?
- Trans Men
- Intersex people
- Non Binary Gender
- Cross-dressing People
Apart from gender expression and gender identity please select from the options below anything else that may influence an individuals gender?
- Biological Sex
- School Education
- Sexual Orientation
Please choose below the definition that you feel best describes homo/bi/transphobia?
- The irrational fear against people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender
- The irrational fear or dislike against people who are or who are perceived to be lesbian. gay, bisexual or transgender
- The irrational prejudice against people who are perceived to be lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender
- The irrational fear, dislike or prejudice against people who are or who are perceived to be lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender
Which of the following definitions do you think best describes the term Hetrosexism?
- A mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality, or person
- Discrimination or prejudice against homosexuals on the assumption that heterosexuality is the normal sexual orientation
- A form of transphobic behaviour towards intersex people
Coming Out" is an ongoing, sometimes daily, process of decision making that can and does cause significant stress for some LGBT people?
Based on an Education Report from 2012 that researched into life in Scotland for LGBT young people what % of transgender young people have experienced homophobic, biphobic, or transphobic bullying in school?