Let's review the key points. How is the program organized?
What is the Mini Masters program?
Read this booklet about the Mini Masters program. Note how the program is organized.
- Arts-integrated lessons are taught in the classroom before and after each museum visit.
- Teachers can use the developed lessons from NOMA or write their own arts-integrated lessons.
- Teachers will conduct arts-integrated lessons in the Spring semester with support from the museum specialist.
- Teachers are required to attend at least four education-related workshops held at NOMA throughout the school year.
- Museum educators will model the arts-integrated lessons in the Fall Semester.
Look at the suggested outline of an arts-integrated lesson. Think about what segment is missing.
Watch a video presentation about arts-integrated lessons.
Pay attention to what makes a lesson truly arts-integrated.
Note the lesson segments that are critical to achieve lesson objectives.
- Riddle time. Teacher describes an insect without naming it. Students guess.
- Discussion of a poster featuring the work Serpents and Insects by Otto Marseus van Schrieck.
- Building sculptures of insects from various art supplies.
- Viewing the works together. Children telling about their insects.
Which critical lesson segment is missing?
Choose the right option and click Submit.
Which lesson objectives refer to arts-integrated lessons?
- Students learn to identify the characteristics of living things by building insects.
- Students learn to create collages about animals.
- Students learn to compare sizes by using paint to make prints with circle stamps of different sizes.
- Students learn to classify objects by creating collages from various materials.
What kind of information can you find on the teaching poster?
Watch a video presentation on using a teaching poster from the Mini Masters program.
Note what kind of information you may find on the poster and use in your lessons.
- I can find initial discussion questions.
- I can find curriculum standards.
- I can find references for children's literature related to the topics.
- I can find information about the work of art.
- I can find arts-integrated lesson plans.
- I can find learning activities for the centers