LGB stands for Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual but, individually what do these terms mean?
- Lesbian - a woman who is physically and emotionally attracted to women
- Gay - a man who is physically and emotionally attracted to men
- Bisexual - a person who is neither physically or emotionally attracted to men or women
Which of the following statements best explains gender identity, and which best describes gender expression?
Gender Identityan individuals internal self-perception of their own gender
Gender Expressionan individuals external gender-related physical appearance and behaviour
Which of the following best describes the group transgender?
- Transgender People
- Trans People
- Gender Variant People
- All of the above
When an individual is transitioning from male to female which of the following terms do you think best describes this?
- Trans Woman
- Trans Man
Trans is very much an umbrella terms for quite a few different groups. Which of the following groups do you think would fall under this umbrella?
- Trans Men
- Intersex People
- Non-Binary Gender
- Cross-Dressing People
Apart from gender expression and gender identity please select from the options below anything else that may influence an individuals gender?
- Sexual Orientation
- School Education
- Biological Sex
Please choose below the definition that you feel best describes homo/bi/transphobia?
- The irrational fear against people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender
- The irrational fear or dislike against people who are or who are perceived to be lesbian. gay, bisexual or transgender
- The irrational prejudice against people who are perceived to be lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender
- The irrational fear, dislike or prejudice against people who are or who are perceived to be lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender
Which of the following definitions do you think best describes the term Hetrosexism?
- A mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality, or person
- Discrimination or prejudice against homosexuals on the assumption that heterosexuality is the normal sexual orientation
- A form of transphobic behaviour towards intersex people
Coming Out" is an ongoing, sometimes daily, process of decision making that can and does cause significant stress for some LGBT people?
Based on an Education Report from 2012 that researched into life in Scotland for LGBT young people what % of transgender young people have experienced homophobic, biphobic, or transphobic bullying in school?