Overview of the People We Assist - Learning Feedback
Please complete this learning quiz to see how well you know the content from the Overview of the People We Assist training.
This is an opportunity for you to find out if there are any areas that you need to find out more about and will also helps us to improve our training to suits the needs of our members and volunteers.
Please allow approximately 15-20 minutes to complete all of the questions.
True or False
- You should refer people we assist who have health or addiction issues for professional services
- Suicide is more common in certain groups, including males, indigenous Australians, unemployed people, prisoners, Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Intersex people
- Asylum seekers and some temporary visa holders are excluded from accessing Centrelink payments
Mental Health Awareness
- Mental Health affects 1 in 5 Australian adults
- Key groups of people affected by homelessness include Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders, young people 12-18, families with children, asylum seekers, people affected by mental illness
Diversity in the Community
- You should make it condition of assistance that people we refer for help attend the referral
- The Translator Information Service 131450 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a week and there is no need to pre-book the service
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse communities (CALD) experience a greater degree of disadvantage and poverty than those born in Australia
- People with an intellectual ability cannot make decisions for themselves
- A woman in Australia is more likely to be killed in her own home by her male partner than any where else in the world