CAC Billing Process
To ensure the timely receipt and processing of invoices, the following process and procedures should be used.
CAC's fiscal year runs from November 1 to October 31.
All invoices in any format (U.S. Mail or Email) should be sent to the attention of Accounts Payable (AP), not the CAC staff member. If the invoice is sent via email, it should be sent to [email protected] with a copy to that CAC staff member. The AP email address goes to multiple people within the AP department and helps ensure timely receipt and processing of invoices.
Vendors should make sure to include the appropriate account numbers on their invoices as well as supporting documentation (e.g. approved estimates and/or email approval).
All agencies must invoice CAC on a monthly basis for work performed during the previous month. Invoices must include as much detail and supporting documentation as is reasonably prescribed by CAC and shall be submitted to CAC by the 5th business day of the month following the month the work is performed.
All invoices shall be issued to CAC and sent to the address below:
California Avocado Commission
Attention: Accounts Payable
12 Mauchly, Suite L
Irvine, CA 92618
Unless otherwise stated in the agency’s agreement, CAC will pay invoices within 30 days of receipt. If more than 30 days have passed and you have not been paid, contact Kathlyn Ho in the Accounting Department at 949-341-1955 or [email protected] and she will research the matter.
Year-End Accounting Process
The following year-end accounting process and actions will be taken:
In mid-October, Monica Arnett will send out an email to CAC Staff with Year-End Accounting Dates and Requirements. This email will be forwarded to agencies and vendors from their respective CAC liaison and will include the following:
- Final check run date for the current fiscal year
- Date agencies and vendors are required to submit final invoices for services rendered
- Date Preliminary Income Statements for current fiscal year will be distributed to department managers
- Date Department managers (and agencies) are required to review the income statements and compare it to related budget trackers or other tracking tools and immediately notify accounting if there are any missing invoices or accruals. Any current fiscal year invoices received after the deadline and not accrued will be processed against the following fiscal year's budget
It is the responsibility of each department to thoroughly review their respective Income Statement to ensure that ALL program expenses have been accounted for and accruals have been entered into CAC’s accounting system.
When are invoices due?
- Invoices are due by the 5th business day of each month.
- Invoices are due on the 5th of each month.
Do I send my invoice to Accounts Payable at CAC?
- No, invoices should be sent to my personal contact at CAC.
- Yes, all invoices in all formats should be sent to Accounts Payable.
If you have not received your payment, you should...
- Contact Accounts Payable at [email protected] or 949-341-1955
- Contact Accounts Payable at the Hass Avocado Board
- Contact Accounts Payable at the California Avocado Society
If you cannot have your year-end invoice submitted to CAC by the date provided in the Year-End Accounting Dates and Requirements email you should....
- Submit a request for accrual along with the amount, account number and supporting documentation for the request.
- Not worry because it will be accrued anyway.
If you have any questions regarding Marketing billing, please contact Angela Fraser at [email protected] or 949-341-1955, x106, or contact your CAC laison.
If you have any questions regarding general accounting and billing, please contact Monica Arnett at [email protected] or (949) 341-1955, x120.