1. The need for posting content on CaliforniaAvocado.com is identified
2. Touch base with Dave (Retail, Foodservice) or Zac (Consumer) to discuss, prior to making any plans or commitments. Items to be discussed prior to requesting include:
- Content type (content update, recipe, press release, blog post etc.)
- Search Engine Optimization
- Specific needs based on the request (images, cropping, design, copy, video etc.)
3. Gather all assets and upload them to Dropbox. Be sure to provide:
- The copy (Word .doc file is fine)
- The largest images possible. Sometimes cropping/resizing is necessary to be sure the file fits website templates. Always name your images descriptively (e.g. Home Team Guacamole with Chips.jpg versus IMG_0745.jpg)
4. Submit request via email. Be sure to include the following in your request:
- Link(s) to Dropbox to download the assets outlined in step #3 above. Multiple links, if files are not in the same location, are acceptable
- Clear instructions
5. Please anticipate 3-5 business days for posting of content
6. The content is posted. Dave or Zac provide a link to the content with confirmation that the content has been posted
True or false, when requesting content to be posted on CaliforniaAvocado.com, Dave (Retail or Foodservice) or Zac (Consumer) know which assets to pull and will happily search for them on Dropbox to accommodate missing assets from your request.
- True. Dave and Zac are the best
- False. Dave and Zac need all assets included in your request (hi-res, largest files you have) to properly post them on the website
True or False....
- Sometimes rush requests are unavoidable. If you would like to place a rush request on website content posting, the proper procedure is to call Dave (Retail or Foodservice) or Zac (Consumer) and discuss what needs to be done and when it needs to be done by, before making the official request.
- If timing is not communicated when making your posting request, we will get to it when we can.
True or false, when submitting content for posting on the website, it’s acceptable to send multiple Dropbox links to several different files that are on Dropbox but are not in the same folder.
- True. As long as the files are hi-res/full-size, we can pull and download the files from wherever you tell us they are.
After connecting with Dave (Retail or Foodservice) or Zac (Consumer) regarding the posting request, it’s okay to rely on them to remember all of the details.
- True. Dave and Zac remember everything.
- False. An official posting request (email) must be submitted which includes all details outlined in this lesson (Dropbox links, clear instructions, timing etc.).
Typically, CAC posts content within:
- 2-4 business days
- 3 business days
- 3-5 business days
- 7 business days
- 2 business days
True or false, sometimes it’s okay to ignore Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices.
- True. Some content doesn’t need to be found easily.
- False. All content needs to be easy to find.
True or false, it’s acceptable to submit generically named images (IMG_0734.jpg).
- True. Dave or Zac will rename them.
- False. Images should be named descriptively (Home Team Guacamole with Chips.jpg).