Fire Extinguisher Training
Welcome to "Fire Extinguisher Training"!
Would you know what to do if a fire started at home or at work? Are you ready to save your life in case of fire emergency? This course reviews the basics of operating fire extinguishers.
Basic Rules of Fire
The four elements that must be present for fire to exist include:
There are four elements that must be present for a fire to exist:
- a chemical reaction
The concept of fire prevention is based upon keeping these four elements separate.
- heat, oxygen, fuel and a chemical reaction between the three
- water, a heat source, fuel and a chemical reaction between the three
- oxygen, water, fuel and a chemical reaction between the three
- fuel, oxygen, earth and a chemical reaction between the three
Types of fire extinguishers
Extinguishing different types of fire
Match fire extinguishers with types of fires
Water and Foam
Class A fires
Class B & C fires
Class D fires
Class K fires
Decide if the following statements are true or false
- Class C fires are fires involving energized electrical equipment.
- There are four classes of fire, Class A, B, C and K.
- Class B fires are those fires that occur involving paper and wood.
- Class K fires are fires in cooking oils and greases.
- Water has limited effect on most flammable liquid fires.
Which of these objects belongs to Class A fires?
Fire extinguisher in use
Take part in a fire extinguisher training with Jack
Use PASS with your fire extinguisher
You've completed a course on fire safety. Make sure to submit your results on the next page.