The Greedy Hippo
- There was a greedy hippo. He ate everything in sight.
From cheese to peas, chips and cake, he always had a
- Now Hippo he was selfish. He ate everybody’s food.
He ate the cat’s, the dog’s, the cow’s. He was very, very
- One morning after breakfast, he jumped into the lake.
One big splash and he was stuck. That was a big mistake.
- The hippo he sank deeper, then began to shout.
“Help, please help, I’m sinking. Won’t someone pull me
- The animals all pulled and pulled, as hard as they were
able. Out he popped, ran past them all and ate everything
on their table.
- The animals were angry, and thought they’d play a trick.
They made a pie from fish and soap to make old Hippo
- “Here you are, we’ve made a pie, especially for you.”
“Thanks,” he said, “I’ll eat it now. I’ve nothing else to do.”
- First a nibble, then a bite, then a great big swallow.
He then went back into the lake, the place he loved to
- But something wasn’t right, thought Hippo, “I feel quite odd
inside.” Now he had a tummy ache as the cooks looked on
- Hippo learnt his lesson. It was the end of all their troubles.
He was last seen leaving town, blowing fishy bubbles.