Untitled content 1
Decision Making Creativity, and Ethics
Contrast the Strengths and Weaknesses of Group Decision Making
Untitled content 2
Do you Think Two Heads are Better Than One?
Untitled content 3
Group vs. the Individual
- Highly used in Organizations
- But are group decisions preferable to those made by one individual along?
- The answer depends on a number of factors
- Another consideration will be if people are more creative when they work along or with other
Untitled content 4
Group vs the Individual
Untitled content 5
Strengths of Group Decision Making
- Groups generate more complete information and knowledge with more input into the decision process.
- They offer increased diversities of views, for more opportunities and approaches.
- Groups lead to increased acceptance of a solution.
- Please highlight and open hyperlink to watch one minute video:
- Now answer the question:
- What are the strengths of Group Decision Making?
Untitled content 6
Weaknesses of Group Decision Making
- Time consuming to reach a solution
- There are conformity pressures
- Can be dominated by on of a few members
- Group decision suffer from ambiguous responsibility
Untitled content 7
What are the weaknesses of Group Decision Making?
Untitled content 8
Contrast the Strengths and Weaknesses
Untitled content 9
Langton, N., Robbins,S.P., Judge, T., Breward,K
(2016). Organizational Behaviour: Concepts,
Controversies, Applications (7th ed.) Toronto: