Bicycle Road Rules Test
Bicycle Road Rules Test
Which of the following pictures is "A bicycle only lane sign" ?
About Riding a Bicycle, which of the following statements is not true?
- You must face forwards.
- You must put both hands on handlebars
- You must have 1 leg on each side of the seat
About carring carry another person, which of the following statements is true?
- You cannot carry people anytime.
- Pasenger does not need to wear a helmet.
- You can carry people if the bicycle is designed to carry more than 1 person and has a passenger seat.
About riding close to a vehicle, you must keep at least _____ between you and the back of a vehicle when you follow that vehicle for over 200m.
If you ride at night or in weather conditions that make it difficult to see, you must display a red light that can be clearly seen at least _____ from the back of the bicycle.
About signalling, which of the following statements is true?
- You must modify turning lights for signalling on your bicycles.
- You must use a hand signal when you turn right.
- You must use a hand signal when you turn left.
About towing a child in or on a bicycle trailer, which of the following statements is not true?
- You are 16 years or older
- The child is under 10 years old and is wearing an approved helmet that is securely fitted and fastened
- You cannot tow a child in or on a bicycle trailer in any case.
About overtaking when you ride, which of the following statements is not true?
- You can overtake another vehicle on the left if that vehicle is indicating and turning left.
- You must not overtake another vehicle on the left if it is not safe
- You must not ride with more than 2 riders side by side unless you are overtaking another rider
About bicycle helmets, which of the following statements is not true?
- You must wear an Australian Standard (AS) approved bicycle helmet.
- You do not need to wear a helmet if you have a doctor's certificate for medical reasons.
- You cannot attach a camera to the bicycle hemlets.
About special purpose lanes, which of the following statements is true?
- You must not ride your bicycle in a special purpose lane.
- You can ride your bicycle in bus lanes.
- You can ride your bicycle on a 'tramway' in Gold Coast.
About source of power, which of the following statements is not true?
- A bicycle with an electric motor capable of generating no more than 200 watts of power.
- Illegal motorised bicycles can only be ridden on private property that isn't accessible to the general public.
- You can ride motorised bicycles with diesel engines.
Which one of the following pictures is "A separated path sign" ?
When you ride across pedestrian crossings at traffic lights, you cannot:
- ride across when there is pedestrian on the crossing.
- keep to the left of any oncoming bicycle rider.
- wait for the green 'walk' sign
About using mobile phones, which of the following statements is true?
- You must not use a mobile phone helding in your hand when riding a bicycle in any case.
- You can only use a mobile phone if you are stopped in traffic.
- You cannot write, send or read a text message but you can turn your phone on or off.
On footpaths and shared paths, you share the space with pedestrians. You cannot:
- keep left and give way to all pedestrians.
- always ride to the left of bicycle riders coming toward you.
- ride to the left to overtake pedestrians.