General course settings differ depending on a course template, and they are only available for Simple and Test/Assessment templates.
In the Simple course template, you can enable cross-device progress saving, login via social media, learner satisfaction survey, PDF export, and add copyright text.
When you open Results tracking tab on the Configure step of the course editor, you'll be able to change track and trace settings and mastery score settings.
- On the Configure step, you can enable/disable results tracking. When results tracking is enabled and a learner starts the course they will be asked to enter their e-mail and name. Please note that It does not have any influence on results tracking if you run your course via LMS.
- You can disable the option Allow user to skip tracking and tracing to make results tracking a required step, or enable this option to allow users to skip results tracking. If learners are allowed to skip tracking and tracing, they can click Skip step, start anonymously.
- You can allow scoring of content pages if you want your learners get points for viewing content pages. If it's disabled, only questions have impact on the course progress
- Mastery score means that to pass a course successfully, learners have to get this score per each section. This score can be seen on the progress bar under each section icon.
On the Configure step of the course editor under Template language you can choose the language for your course.
You can present the course template interface in one of the available languages:
- Dutch (informal)
- Norwegian (Bokmal and Nynorsk)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
All text items that are present in the course template interface (texts of the buttons, titles and headings, field names, error messages, validation messages, etc.) can also be translated into a different language.
In the language drop-down select Custom. In the Translation column, you can replace the default text items of the course template interface that are in English with the translated ones.
On the Configure step of the course editor you can customize the following settings:
- Results tracking
- PDF exporting
- Layout design
That’s it for this tutorial.
It's that easy to configure your courses in Easygenerator. In the next tutorial, you'll learn about course publishing options.