What is Delta Force Paintball?
Hours of Work
As part of your employment you will need to be available to work between the hours of 6.00am to 6.00pm Saturday and Sunday and public holidays.
There may be occasions where there are mid-week games. Rostering on Sundays and Public Holidays is on a voluntary basis. Penalty rates, overtime and allowances are outlined in Schedule 1 of your contract.
1. The Employee and the Company agree to vary the application of the following terms of the Award:
1.1 arrangements for when work is performed;
1.2 overtime rates;
1.3 penalty rates; and
to the effect that the payment of the Hourly Rate of Pay to the Employee and the benefits in Clause 2.2 results in the Employee being better off overall.
2. Better off Overall
2.1 The current base rate of pay for the Employee’s Award classification is $______ per hour. The Employee’s base rate of pay of $______ per hour provides that the employee will be paid in excess of the Employees award classification.
2.2 The benefit of extended hours of work at ordinary rates of pay where there is no opportunity to work overtime at penalty rates, flexibility of weekend work, and maximization of employees income due to no guarantee of minimum hours provides that the Employee will be better off overall.
All overtime will be paid at the rate of double time.
Notwithstanding the above, if such Employee agrees to voluntarily perform overtime then they will be paid at the rates provided for in clause 2.1 of this agreement
Any ordinary hours worked on a Sunday will be paid at a rate of double time. Notwithstanding the above, if an Employee makes a request to work ordinary hours on a Sunday in accordance then they will be paid for such worked at the rates provided for in clause 2.1 of this agreement.
If the Employer requires an Employee to work on a Public Holiday they will be paid for each hour of work at a rate of double time and a half.
Notwithstanding the above, an Employee may choose voluntarily to work on a Public Holiday.
If an Employee does choose to voluntarily work on a Public Holiday then they will be paid the hourly rates contained in Clause 2.1 of this Agreement.
3 I understand that I am better off overall as I would benefit from extended hours of work at ordinary rates of pay where there is no opportunity to work overtime at penalty rates; that I have no minimum hours guaranteed and that the workload of the business is subject to peaks and troughs and can be seasonal in nature. I seek to maximize my income by volunteering to work any available hours overtime or on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Using the FPR
The Employee and the Company agree that:
- The Employee will work with the Centre Manager to ensure that on their first day of employment they are correctly registered on the Fingerprint Reader System.
- A Fingerprint Reader will be used to electronically record the start and finish times for the Employee on each work day.
- Hours worked will be calculated in 15 minute increments based on information obtained from these electronic records.
- The Employee agrees to ‘thumb’ scan in at the start of their work shift at the Paintball Centre.
- The Employee agrees to ‘thumb’ scan in again between 12:00pm and 2:00pm at the Paintball Centre.
- The Employee agrees to ‘thumb’ scan out at the end of their work shift at the Paintball Centre.
- If the Employee is required at the offsite location at any time they will ‘thumb’ scan in and out for hours worked at the offsite location.
- The Employee will not be paid for travel time between the offsite location and the Paintball Centre.
- Hours electronically recorded in the Fingerprint Reader System can be verified with the Centre Manager at the start and end of each shift through the Captain system. It is the Employee’s responsibility to ensure that the hours recorded are accurate. Any discrepancies need to be raised with the Centre Manager on the day of work.
- Any Employee caught trying to falsify these records by any means whatsoever will be subject to disciplinary action that may result in their dismissal.
- Hours worked will be rounded down to the nearest 15 minute interval. An employee must work the full 15 minute to be paid for the period. e.g 7:36am arrival will be classified as 7:45am start and 17:18pm will be classified as 17:15 departure.
- Failure to comply with these conditions may result in the Employee not being paid for the hours in question.