Five Common Components of a Map
There are five component of a map:
1. Map Title- tell you what the map is all about.
2. The Legend/ Scale- defines all the different symbols on the map means
3. The Compass Rose- which is located of the map tell us direction
4. Scale- display the actual distance between two place or the size of a place
5. Grid Line- lines of latitude and longitude which shows you absolute location
Which of the following is not common components of a map?
- Map Title
- The Compass Rose
- The Scale
- Line Charger
Illustrations of Simple Map
Check you understanding!
Map TitleDefine tells you what the map is all about.your answer...
The Legend or Key-Defines all of the different symbols on the map mean
The Compass Rosewhich is located of this map tell us directions
The ScaleDisplay the actual distance between two places, or the size of a place. (ex. 1 inch equal 1 mile)
Grid linesLines of latitude and longitude which show you absolute location.