You will be learning about the ecolabels that you can find on the different kinds of food and other products that you can find in the grocery store.
- Natural environment
- Care for animals
- Good health
- Organic farming
What does organic mean? Watch the video
Krav ecolabel means that
- Food is organic
- Farmers take good care of the animals
- Food is good for your health
- Food come from a natural environment
- All of the above
In your own words, explain what are some characteristics of organic food.
Euroleaf ecolabel shows that the food is organic. It tells us that at least 95% of ingredients that make the food are organic. It is used in the European Union. The Euroleaf symbolizes Europe and nature (the 12 stars form a leaf).
What does the Euroleaf tell us?
The Euroleaf symbolizesEurope and nature.
At least 95% of theingredients in the food are organic
The Euroleaf shows us thatthe food is organic.
Nyckelhål simply tells you that the food is good for your health. It is found in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
Nyckelhål helps you choose healthy food. Watch the video
Which of these is true about Nyckelhål?
- Nyckelhål helps you choose healthy food.
- Nyckelhål tells you that food is organic.
- Nyckelhål tells you that the food you are buying is a healthy choice.
- Nyckelhål tells you that the food is made in Sweden, Denmark or Norway.
Marine Stewardship Council
This symbol is found on fish and seafood. It tells us that the fish is safe to eat. It also tells us that the fish comes from a sustainable fishery (able to be maintained for a very long time, the fish will not disappear).
What does "sustainable" mean? Watch the video.
The Marine Stewardship Council tells us that
- the fish is safe to eat.
- the fish is organic.
- the fish is made in Sweden.
- the fish comes from a sustainable fishery.