Introduction to computers:
Basic Concepts of Computer
Computer is an electronic device which is used to store the data, as per given instructions it gives results quickly and accurately.
- Data : Data is a raw material of information.
- Information : Proper collection of the data is called information.
Characteristics of Computer
- SPEED : In general, no human being can compete to solving the complex computation, faster than computer.
- ACCURACY : Since Computer is programmed, so what ever input we give it gives result with accuratly.
- STORAGE : Computer can store mass storage of data with appropriate formate.
- DILIGENCE : Computer can work for hours without any break and creating error.
- VERSATILITY : We can use computer to perform completely different type of work at the same time.
- POWER OF REMEMBERING : It can remember data for us.
- NO IQ : Computer does not work without instruction.
- NO FEELING : Computer does not have emotions, knowledge, experience, feeling.
Computer and its components
Computer : Computer itself a combination of different type of separate electronic device. i.e. Computer only will be computer if it has INPUT DEVICE, PROCESS UNIT, and OUTPUT DEVICE.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) : It is heart and mind of the computer without this unit computer unable to process.
- Keyboard : This is an input device which is used to input the data into the computer.
- Mouse : This is also an input device which is used to input the data into the computer.
- Monitor : This is an output device which is used to show the result of the instructions.
There are variety of monitor available in the market such as, CRT Monitor, LCD Monitor, Touch Screen Monitor, TFT Monitor etc.
- Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) : This is and electronic device which is used to manage the power supply of computer.
- Hard Disk (HDD) : This is used to store the data in massive amount. There are so many type of HDD available in the market, i.e. SATA, PATA, External HDD, Internal HDD.
- Printer : This is an out put device which is used to show the result on the paper. There are plenty of printer available in the market like inkjet, Laser printer, dot matrix printer etc.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) : This is used to connect the external device to the computer.
- Ethernet Cable : This is used to connect computer with other computer.
- CD/DVD ROM : This is used to store the data.
- Speaker : This is an output device which is used to listen voice, songs, etc.
- Mike : This is an Input device which is used to record the sound .
- Laptop : This is complete computer which can be carried anywhere any time.
- Netbook : This is called mini laptop which is generally lighter and smaller than laptop.
- Random Access Memory (RAM) : This is called primary memory. This is also called main memory of the computer. Whatever data is written in this memory, is lost after switching off the system.
characteristics of computer
Which is not a computer classification?