What is Health Chat?
Health Chat is a service provided by Healthjoy that gives customers an opportunity to chat with a Board Certified Physician whenever they have a medical question or concern. These chats only occur via an online chat and will never be a phone conversation.
What can I do to lose weight?
Health Chat helps guide the customer to the appropriate level of care and avoid longer waits and higher costs at Urgent Care Centers and Emergency Rooms.
Key Points to Health Chat
- A great resource for information on medications, conditions, symptoms, health and wellness
- Can be used to help triage customers to the appropriate level of care
- Photos can be uploaded and should be encouraged to improve the triage process (especially for skin issues)
Things to Keep in Mind:
- It is not an established doctor-patient relationship (Not intended to replace in-person care)
- Provides no formal diagnosis
- Physicians will not write prescriptions via Health Chat
- Not appropriate for those who think they may be experiencing a medical emergency
What Does it Look Like?
As Health Care Concierge (HCC), it is our job to push the customer toward our companies medical services as much as possible. Although Telemed is the preferred option, you may have a customer who:
- Doesn't have funds to complete a phone consultation
- Has symptoms that are not appropriate for Telemed but they're still seeking medical advice
So in these instances, Health Chat would then become the next best thing to an actual consult. It's important to remember that Health Chat is general medical advice while Telemed is an actual, established, doctor patient relationship.
Health Chat Quiz 1
AppropriateGeneral questions about who to go to for health care service
InappropriateShortness of Breath
AppropriateDetermining if this extended cough is serious
Health Chat vs Telemedicine
When a customer chats to speak with a doctor or Health Chat is offered to a customer, it is important to set the expectation of how the process will go. Because our in-house doctor is not always available, we should chat the customer using the following verbiage.
This sounds like a question for one of our physicians! Your subscription includes Health Chat, where you can post messages and receive general medical guidance from our team of Board Certified physicians. Simply begin by entering as much information as you would like regarding your medical question.
Typical response time is within 24 hours or less.
If an MD is available: HCC should invite the MD to the chat
If an MD is not available: HCC should create a Health Chat ticket in Oscar (OTRS)