•64% of decision makers read e-mail on mobile devices. (SalesForceXP)
•33% of email recipients open email based on subject line alone. (Convince & Convert)
•People only take 2.7 seconds to decide if they will read, forward or delete an email (ExacTarget)
•75% of email readers only scan email rather than reading thoroughly (Businesswriting.biz)
Does that change how we should correspond with customers?
Would you open these Emails?
- Subject: What’s new at Goby Industries
- Subject: 20% off this week!
- Subject: Call me
- Subject: U shud Check out these deals :)
- Subject: Your partner Jim said you need help with Email Training
- Subject: Small Business Tax help
Would you keep reading?
- “Hello, my name is Brett Sherwood, your new account executive for Goby Industries and I have over 12 years of experience in the supplies world. I’m writing to introduce you to our company and our capabilities while also learning more about your organization and see if you have any…"
- “Dear Decision Maker…."
- "Pat, I Hope you're doing well. Just wanted to connect with you and explore common synergies between your company and mine …"
- "Good morning. My name is Terry. I would like to know if I possible send ur company same promotional product options and quotes via email? …"
- “Hello Bill, Jim told about the issue you are having getting supplies delivered to your facilities 24/7. Goby Industries now offers around the clock delivery to help you solve this problem…"
•Deliver only one message per email
•Include a call to action
–Phone call, meeting, suggest appointment, webinar, conference call, etc.
–Simple, professional close – Thank You or Regards
–Name, company, phone and email, that’s it
– Remove logos, e-signs, fax#, quotes, etc. keep it mobile friendly
•PROOFREAD, Spellcheck is NOT enough
WIIFM – What’s In It For Me? (The Customer)
•If ½ or more of your E-mails do not get a response, you could use some help
•Is your message Simple?
•Is you message Relevant to the customer’s needs?
•Is it valuable information?
•Is this information a Priority?
If you answer “NO” to any of these, your mail is in serious danger of deletion