When you are first hired to plan event, it is important that you meet with the host, and iron out what they expect and what they would like.
A list of specific questions need to include the following:
- what sort of venue? Garden / Hall/ Conference Centre/ Boma
- When in the day will the event take place? Morning/Afternoon/Evening
- How many people will be attending the event?
- Will food need to be supplied to the people attending?
- If yes to the above, What sort of food? (Snacks/Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Will the food be buffet or sit down?
- What theme will the event be based on?
- What colour scheme?
- Do they require entertainment – (DJ/ Live band/ Dancers)
- Do they require lighting
- Do they require sound system
- What sort of drinks? Cocktails/Beers/wine/ciders
Is meeting with the host the first thing you need to do?