FAM EXAM - 2016 OLD
Welcome to the WooHoo FAM Exam!
The exam is made up from 12 questions in total.
If you get an answer incorrect, it will tell you in detail the correct answer and a further explanation. Please do not attempt the question again, just move on to the next question.
Use your resources such as OneNote wisely and ensure you fully read the question before answering.
By completing the FAM Exam, you will be able to see frequent scenarios that we come across in the Engine Room. The exam will assist you in determining what further training you require.
What would you ask this customer in regards to the 2015 year?
- Have the children have been in their care for the full financial year?
- Have the children been in their care for the full financial year and do they have a partner?
- Do they have a partner?
This customer's return is awaiting further information before 2015 can be released. We already have the child and partners full details including IRD numbers, and the customer receives WINZ income only, so what can it be?
- Ask the customer if they have a partner
- FS1 is needed
- We require In work tax credit details
This customer receives income from employment at Countdown, and does not receive a benefit from WINZ. Please choose what we require and is there is a refund for the customer?
- We require full FAM details and do need IRD numbers. There is an existing credit of $2171.03
- We require full FAM details and do not need IRD numbers. There is an existing credit of $2171.03
- We only require children information and do not need IRD numbers. There is no refund for the customer
Would you make a PTS for this customer? Please choose the correct reason below
- Yes, there is a refund of $414.99, WooHoo!
- No, the FAM calculations do not match, we need to query care dates with the customer
- Yes, the FAM calculations are correct and there is an INC refund
Would you send the 2015 PTS for this customer? Please choose the correct reason below
- Yes, the customer has not received FAM from WINZ and may get an end of year entitlement or not eligible for FAM
- No, we may create a FAM debt of $6,165.00 if we make a PTS
We have the children names, dates of birth and IRD numbers for this customer; however what is wrong with this picture? What must you query further with the customer?
- Care dates of children as the FAM calculations do not add up
- The customer is going to receive a FAM refund of the difference of $8,173.00 as she has only received $4,821.96 from WINZ
- We require partner information
You are talking to the above customer who has an error code of 0015 (checking FAM details). What do you need to ask the customer? Please choose from the below, what you need to ask the customer and how you would resolve this for the customer.
- Query with the customer if the children are in their care for full 2015 financial year and set to Existing Credits
- Query if the customer has a partner for the 2015 year and Make PTS
- Query if the customer has a partner for the 2015 year and then set to calling to resolve the error
Would you make a PTS for this customer? We have 4 children on file but only 3 have IRD numbers in Alpha. The customer receives income from a part time job and WINZ.
- No, we require the IRD number for the 4th child
- Yes, we do not need the IRD number for the 4th child
Please choose the best answer that explains the customer's assessment.
- The customer has an INC refund of $1,539.87 and a FAM refund of $113.07, so the total refund for 2015 is $1,652.94
- The customer has a 2015 FAM refund of $1,652.94
Following on from the previous question, what do we need in order to get the customer's refund released?
- Full Children and Partner information
- Full Children information
- Full Partner information
This customer has an Existing Credit as her FAM square up has been completed by IRD. By looking at the 3 screenshots , what you would need to query further with the customer?
- If children were in care for full financial year
- Does she have a partner as there is conflicting information in Alpha
- IRD numbers for children and partner
This customer's 2012 INC refund was rejected due to a FAM error. You can see that the customer does not receive FAM from WINZ or IRD nor have we calculated any entitlement as the combined income is too high. Before you set to calling, what MUST you check?
- Confirm family details, and as the family earn over the threshold for one child, set to calling to cease the FAM tax type
- Do they receive any In Work Tax Credits, if so, do they meet the minimum required hours?
- Confirm family details and make PTS