Records Management 101 Test
A basic introduction to records management policies and best practices at the City of Bellevue; as well as an overview of how to apply the City's retention schedule to your records. This is a two-part course. The second course will be an in-person workshop with your team.
Why Records Management and Why Now?
Who's Who in Whoville: Records Management Division
- The Records Management Division is in the City Clerk's Office.
- We are a centralized records management service - so we are here to provide support, answers to questions and provide advice on all records management issues to all departments.
- Maybe put in org chart??
- Put in access picture
- put in picture of zombies
Records Management vision and goals
Click on the words below to see the Records and Content Management Programs vision and goals...
Records Management in Utilities (why, outcomes, timeline)
Drag and Drop quiz example
- Barred Rock
- Buff Orpington
Text matching question example
Public records management is defined and mandated by...
Washington State RCW's and WAC's
Utilities has these goals for this project:
Becoming super awesome and powerful
multiple choice question example: The following are outcomes that Utilities hopes to achieve with this project:
- Gaining superpowers that no other department has
- Being able to respond to PRR's more efficiently
- Having more centralized records storage both in paper and electronic format
- Having consistent records management practices amongst all employees
- Identifying process improvements to improve access to records and appropriate disposition of records
single choice image question example: Which one is crazier?
State Laws and City Policies
RM and PRR RCW's
City policies (We're all records managers now)
Why can't we just keep everything forever?
Why can't I just scan everything and get rid of the paper?
What is a retention schedule
How the City's retention schedule was created and customized
How to read the retention schedule
Part two workshop
Specifics of paper records cleanup (timeline for divisions)
Timeline for the rest of the project
Reminder: This doesn't stop once you've done the task - ongoing
website and faq's
project leads and rm contacts