Confined Space Awareness
This is an ELearning course which is suitable for anyone whose work requires them to enter a confined space, including employees, managers, supervisors and rescuers. This course is designed as an introduction to working safely in confined spaces and will enable the learners to understand more about safe working practices and feel more confident about carrying out their job role with care.
Confined Space Legislation
What regulations cover Work in Confined Spaces?
- COSHH, Working at Heights, Management of Health & Safety, PUWER
- COSHH, Working at Heights, Management of Health & Safety, Confined Space Regulations, DSEAR
- COSHH, PUWER, DSEAR, LOLER, Management of Health & Safety
- All of the above
Before work starts in a confined space, how should the air be checked?
- Someone should go in and sniff the air
- The air should be tested with a Multi Gas Monitor
- Someone should look around to see if there is toxic air
- The air should be tested with a match
Work in a confined space usually needs 3 safety documents - a method statement, a risk assessment and;
- An up to date nominal
- Written contract for the work
- A Permit to Work
- The Company H&S Policy
Why is methane a dangerous gas in a confined space? Give 2 answers
- It can explode
- It makes you hyperactive
- It will restrict your vision
- It makes you dehydrated
- You will not have enough oxygen to breathe