Welcome to the team member exam! This exam is a requirement that ensures that you, the team member of the Brony-Pegasister Clan, are capable of their position. This exam is very strict and must be done in a proper manner. You are not timed, so take your time to do the exam.
Cheating is strictly forbidden during the exam and will result in a complete and immediate disqualification. All resources during the exam will be locked out and will be inaccessible throughout the period of the exam. Although you are not monitored, resources are being used to identify hints of cheating, so don't try to attempt cheating.
Prior to taking the exam, you will be answering 64 questions, which divides into 16 questions per skill. The questions are mixed as short answer, multiple choice, first to last, and project evaluation (to which you will be given a scenario and you will be acquired to answer it to the best of your ability.
If you are given an accommodation (such as extended time) please hand the document in to the instructor before you begin your exam. If you do not give it in before the exam, your accommodation will not be noted and you will be treated like a normal examiner.
A member is misbehaving in the group and is harassing bronies in the group, calling them gay and stupid. What action should be taken?
- Give the member a warning and if they continue, ban them from the group
- Ban the member immediately
- Let the members handle it
- Get a team member to help you with the problem
What is the correct order of a soft lockdown?
Step 1Members can add new members, but must be approved by an administrator
Step 2The group gets notified about the lock down and the threat
Step 3The threat is removed if in the group
Step 4The group is watched for the next 24 hours by the team [Time may change]
A new member has joined the group and is saying he's new. What is the best example to introduce the member?
- Yo wassup? Welcome to the group!
- Welcome to this amazing group!
- Welcome to the Brony-Pegasister Clan! I'm [your name]
- Welcome to the BPC! I'm [your name]
A member cannot find the rules for the group. What do you do to help the issue?
What is the order of handling a harassment claim?
Step 1The report of the incident will first be brought up with the victim of the situation.
Step 2After the report has been talked to with the victim, the report continues by talking to any witnesses whom may have seen the act individually by talking to the witnesses in member to team member conference in Facebook messaging, SMS, or any other method.
Step 3The report will then be gathered with all the information and will be talked to each of the available team members on Facebook, which decides what the option will be to handle the situation.
Step 4The decision over the team will then be brought over to the victim in conference for approval if he/she wants this action to occur to the suspect.
Step 5The report will be filed in the Brony-Pegasister Clan Database and the suspect will be disciplined from one of the two options displayed below if necessary for this situation and other actions that were approved by the victim.
A member wants to commit suicide because their family hates them. How do you approach the issue? Give an example of what you would say.
A group is impersonating us, and a user is trying to find our group after getting referred. What do you do to help out? Give an example of what you would do.
What is the best example to apologize to a member after they have became a victim of harassment?
- "I'm very sorry for what has happened to you. Our team is working together to approach the situation appropriately."
- "I'm very sorry for what has happened. It is being handled appropriately."
- "I'm sorry."
- "I'm very sorry for what happened. Our members are top priority and you shouldn't feel harassed. Please understand that my team and I are working hard to handle the situation appropriately."
How many team members should be operating a night shift?
- At least one
- At least two
- The group isn't operating during the night shift
- Does it matter?
A member gets upset because we have false advertised in the group. How to you approach the issue?
- "I'm very sorry about that. It was wrong for us to falsely advertise in the group and you should be getting what we are advertising."
- "Sorry but nothing we can do. We are trying our best."
- "I'm very sorry about that. What can we do to make up for what has been wronged?"
- You don't advertise in the BPC.
A member has pressed the emergency button, but there is no emergency. What do you do?
- Find out who has done it by asking in the group
- Use your ethical hacking skills to figure out who has pressed the emergency button
- Do nothing
- Tell the team about it and ask them who has pushed the button
How long should member requests stay on the list?
- No longer than 5 minutes
- No longer than 3 minutes
- Whenever a team member shows up online
- Question is unanswerable
A recent survey shows a member isn't happy. You speak to the member personally and they explain that it was because a team member continuously harasses them and they show evidence. How do you approach the situation?
How long should a hard lockdown last?
- No longer than 24 hours
- No longer than 36 hours
- No longer than 48 hours
- Lockdown? What's that?
A member is found to be posting clop continuously in the group. No team member has noticed it, and many members are starting to worry. You notice it when you get on. What do you do?
- Wait until backup shows
- Handle the situation on your own and warn a supervisor or manager later
- Handle the situation on your own and take screenshots for evidence
- Pretend you never witnessed it. Clop is gross to look at.
Tactical Scenario: Handling a harassment claim
What areas of a profile do you check when you get a new member request? Check all that are true.
- URL of Profile
- About Section
What is mini-modding?
A member is posting that they hate bronies. In the past, this member used to post all sorts of MLP content in the group. What should be done to handle the problem?
- Ban the member from the group
- Ask why they hate bronies
- Talk to the member and, if they continue, ban them
- Suspend the member and send a message to the member explaining why they were suspended.
A member cannot join the group because they cannot see the group. What should you check?
- Group Privacy
- Facebook, to see if they screwed up their code
- The block list
- None of the above
A fight is occurring in the comments section to decide who is best pony. How would you handle the situation?
- Calmly and collectively
- Argue with them to give your opinion of best pony
- Ban hammer time!
- Solute a problem with all the members
A member wants to join the group but is very shy to meet new people. What do you say to convince the member to join?
A team member is trying to access the database but cannot locate the URL. What do you do to help?
- Locate the URL for them
- Tell them to go to the BPC website
- Get help from another team member
- Assume that it is just a website problem
A user outside the group threatened to hack the BPC. You noticed it and need to take abrasive action. What do you do? Check all that apply
- Report to the team
- Tell the members
- Set a soft lockdown
- Set a hard lockdown
Swearing is allowed in the Brony-Pegasister Clan unless it is excessive or towards another individual.
You noticed that the BPC website is down. No other team member noticed it. What do you do?
- Alert a team member immediately
- Alert a supervisor or manager immediately
- Give as much information to members as possible, when needed, until a team member arrived
- Do nothing. There's nothing that can be done until the developer shows.
Who do you listen to when something happens in the group? Check all that apply
- Team Members
- Victims and Suspects
A group that attacked the BPC is back and they are continuing to harass the members, team members and the BPC. What do you do?
- Assist the team with situating the problem
- Let the team handle it and not get involved
- Set a hard lockdown
- Become god and defend everyone on your own
What is the maximum amount of time for a suspension?
- 1 day
- 3 days
- 7 days
- No time limit
What is the title for rule 1.4?
What areas do you check in the group? Check all that apply
- Member Requests
- Members List
What is the worst way to lose a member's trust?
- Breaking a promise
- Not helping the member in the group
Professional Scenario: Settling a fight
What is the discrimination act of 1969?
You noticed that you can't view a member request because it appears the profile has blocked you. What do you do?
- Have another team member check the request
- Make a new profile and check it
- Assume the profile is clean and accept it
- Assume the profile is bad and deny it
How should you approach a member if they are violating the rules?
- Kindly and respectfully
- Strict and straight-forward
- Threatening and rude
- None of these are correct
A team member should work on their own, even if they cannot handle a situation.
The group is getting a lower amount of activity every day. What should you do?
- Message all members and let them know that we are still alive
- Post in the group saying that we are still alive
- Post in the group and comment on posts to grab attention
- All of these are correct
You wake up and went on Facebook, coming to find out that the group is missing. What are the possible reasons for this? Check all that apply.
- You've been banned
- The group was hacked
- The group was reported
- You were glitched out
How should you handle an emergency situation?
- Panic and scream
- Use code numbers to represent the issue
- Do nothing and relax
- Calmly and collectively
A member was posting inappropriate content in the group and you banned him. He reported back to the team saying he was hacked. What do you do?
What is the Member Experience Improvement Program? What does it do?
Fill in the blank
A member is freaking out because of a threat to the group. How do you calm down the member?
A member is impersonating a member/team member in the group. What action do you take?
- Contact the person who is being impersonated
- Report the person being impersonated
- Let the team know about the impersonating account
- Ignore it
A member can be given bail after being banned from the group if the member has a valid alibi
- It must be determined by the team
The BPC website is reported down because of error 451 (down for copyright reasons). What do you do?
- Contact the supervisor or manager immediately
- Report it to the team
- Ignore it. The manager or supervisor will figure it out
In the BPC, what or who comes first?
- Safety and Security
- The group's integrity
Technical Scenario: Impersonating accounts
What should you immediately do when you see a violation?
- Take action and handle it
- Take a screenshot for the database
- Tell the member that action will be taken against him
- Report to the team immediately
Groups that have been taken down by haters should have members introduced to the BPC through a post
Commenting should be turned off only when
- A fight is breaking out
- Spam of the same content is occurring
- A member comments something in violation to terms
- A member starts picking on the other members
It is considered spam if a member posts or comments the same content
What member requests will be automatically denied from the BPC?
- Troll names
- Names that don't seem real
- Foreign names
What should be done if a member wants to leave the brony fandom after being harassed?
A member wants to join the BPC but is afraid to because of a specific member that's in there. He's afraid of being made fun of by the member due to a horrible past. What do you do?
A member is being attacked by another member for what they posted because it is offensive. What do you do to situate the problem?
A member is in danger of harming himself. What do you do?
Just because a member has blocked a team member or all team members, means that the team member is given the right to ban the member from the group.
A member or team member has died in the group. What should happen at a time like this?
What media content is strictly forbidden in the group? Select all that apply
A team member cannot attend a meeting because of something that got in the way. What do you do?
- Get the information for the team member
- Copy the slides and the meeting notes for the team member and follow up later with him/her
- Have a team member follow up with him/her
- Let the team member know that it's nothing important
What is the chain of command and how is it followed?
From 1 to 10, how do you feel you did on the exam