Which type of Malware locks and encrypts your files until a ransom is paid?
- Hijack Malware
What file types are typically used for the distribution of Ransomware?
- Excel files, Jpeg, and screen saver files
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files
What does a Ransomware attack do to the files on your PC or Server?
- Creates multiple sub folders
- Blocks all access
- Opens access to 3rd parties
- Allows for remote access
Mark the following statement as true or false.
- 93% of phishing emails now contain ransomware
Which of the following could infect users PCs?
- Online ad networks
- Malicious files hosted on peer to peer file sharing sites
- Phishing emails
- All of the above
Most commonly, Ransomware attackers request payment using the following
- Western Union Transfer
- Gift Cards
The best way to resolve a Ransomware attack is to just pay the ransom
True or False?
- Ransomware can affect external drives if the drive is connected to your computer at the time of the attack.
Which four strategies should be employed to help prevent ransomware attacks
- Use caution around links, only open executable files from a saved email, store old files off site, download from only known sources
- Safe web browsing, don’t enable macros in attached documents, backup files regularly, and keep software up to date
- Keep software up to date, have IT open any strange attachments that are emailed to you, power down and shut off your computer at the end of the day, only use the incognito tab feature when browsing the web
- None of the above
If your computer is infected by ransomware you should ....
- Power down your computer
- Disconnect from any external drives and networks
- Report the incident immediately
- All of the above
Ransomware has become one of the biggest IT risks. All employees have to be diligent in protecting their data and computer assets from the risk of attack.
This course has been produced so that employees are aware of the ways to avoid and deal with a Ransomware attack.
We appreciate your commitment to this training.