Understanding how communication works. Learn how and why improving your language is key.
Communication is a two way process, so improving communication involves both how we send and receive messages.Effective communication is a key interpersonal skill and learning how we can improve our communication has many benefits.
1. Moving your head, face, and eyes away from another person is often interpreted as a lack of ___________.
- a. Self-control
- b. Self-confidence
- c. Self-esteem
- d. Self-respect
2. A person's nonverbal behavior is often used to gauge whether he or she is telling the truth. Which of the following facial clues often reveals lying?tion
- a. Failure to look you in the eye.
- b. Facial shift
- c. Crooked smile
- d. All of the above are indicators of lying.
3. Effective communication is essentially a:
- a. three-way process
- b. two-way process
- c. one-way process
- d. both a one-way and a two-way process
4. Speakers usually experience difficulty in ensuring that the message is:
- a. conveyed precisely
- b. conveyed precisely, understood correctly, and acted upon promptly and as desired
- c. acted upon promptly and as desired
- d. understood correctly
5. ____ is not one of the 7 C’s of communication:
- a. conciseness
- b. character
- c. clarity
- d. correctness
1.What gesture is the young man trying to show off?
2. When is this gesture shoulder shrug being used?Untitled content
- When a person is confident.
- When a person clear about ideas.
- When a person does not know or understand.