Which of the following statements are true?
- The two superpowers after 1945 were UK and Soviet Union
- Churchill, Truman and Atlee attended the Potsdam Conference
- Churchill was always anti-Communist.
- Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin attended the Yalta conference.
Identify the men in the picture
Drag the following events into chronological order
- Yalta Conference
- Potsdam Conference
- Tehran Conference
- Formation of Great Alliance
Which monarch was not English?
Text matching - match the statements to their definitions
CommunismA political system where everyone is equal.
Red ArmyThe army of the Soviet Union, named after the colour of the Communist flag
CapitalismA political system where business are encouraged to take risks and create money.
- One Party State
- Private Industry
- Secret Police
The start of World War 2 - Fill in the blanks
Historians disagree about the causes of the World War Two (WW2). Some trace it back to the anger created in Germany by the Treaty of . Some blame Neville for being too weak. Some ascribe it to Hitler's aggression.
The war broke out when Hitler invaded on 1 September 1939. Britain declared war two days later, on 3 September.
At first there was a 'Phoney War' – Britain and France was not directly threatened – but in 1940 the Germans attacked. They quickly destroyed the Allied forces. France was defeated and the British army was evacuated from . For a while, Britain and the empire faced the Germans alone, and had to survive the Battle of Britain and the Blitz.
Are the following statements true or false?
- Winston Churchill was born in Oxfordshire
- Adolf Hitler was born in Germany
- Stalin was born in Georgia