Welcome to Value Driven Negotiation
There are a total of six tutorials in this learning series. Throughout the series you will work through content and activities both in the tutorials and in a companion workbook that you will download and save. The series starts with this Overview tutorial and then moves through the areas of the Negotiation Journey.
- Discover and Prove Value
- Set the Stage
- Identify Interests Behind Positions
- Clarify Issues and Values
- Present Positions and Trades to Reach Decision (incorporates Stages 4 and 5)
By the end of the Value Driven Negotiation (VDN) learning series you will:
- Improve your skills in clarifying, confirming and prioritizing Client value
- Look for interests behind positions to develop creative options for negotiation
- More effectively plan for cost concessions and value trades
- Build confidence in developing collaborative tactics
- Be better at identifying, negotiating and minimising Client tactics
- Apply your knowledge of negotiation skills and approaches through an interactive case study
- Have a framework and resources for future negotiations
How Does VDN Align With the Client Engagement Model?
You will be familiar with our Client Engagement Model shown here. Working with your Client consistently across all the CE pillars will help you to be more successful in your negotiations. Our Client Engagement Model enables us to UNDERSTAND what our Client values most, ENGAGE with decision-makers, and DELIVER INSIGHTS which generate SUCCESSFUL OUTCOMES for our clients.
By operating with Clients in a way that delivers outcomes, we build a strong foundation for mutually beneficial sales and negotiations.