Part 107 Practice Exam
FAA Practice Test
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 21.) What airport is located approximately 47 (degrees) 40 (minutes) N latitude and 101 (degrees) 26 (minutes) W longitude?
- Mercer County Regional Airport.
- Semshenko Airport.
- Garrison Airport.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 26.) What does the line of latitude at area 4 measure?
- The degrees of latitude east and west of the Prime Meridian.
- The degrees of latitude north and south from the equator.
- The degrees of latitude east and west of the line that passes through Greenwich, England.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 23, area 3.) What is the floor of the Savannah Class C airspace at the shelf area (outer circle)?
- 1,300 feet AGL.
- 1,300 feet MSL.
- 1,700 feet MSL.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 59, area 2.) The chart shows a gray line with "VR1667, VR1617, VR1638, and VR1668” Could this are present a hazard to operations of small UA?
- No, all operations will be above 400 feet.
- Yes, this is a Military Training Route from 1,500 feet AGL.
- Yes, the defined route provides traffic separation to manned aircraft.
According to 14 CFR part 107 the remote pilot-in-command (PIC) of a small unmanned aircraft planning to operate within Class C airspace
- must use a visual observer.
- is required to file a flight plan.
- is required to receive ATC authorization.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 21.) You have been hired by a farmer to use your small UA to inspect his crops. The area that you are to survey is in the Devil`s Lake West MOA, east of area 2. How would you find out if the MOA is active?
- Refer to the legend for special use airspace phone number.
- This information is available in the Small UAS database.
- In the Military Operations Directory.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 20, area.) How would a remote PIC "CHECK NOTAMS" as noted in the CAUTION box regarding the unmarked balloon?
- By utilizing the B4UFLY mobile application.
- By contacting the FAA district office.
- By obtaining a briefing via an online source such as: 1800WXBrief.com.
To ensure that the unmanned aircraft center of gravity (CG) limits are not exceeded, follow the aircraft loading instructions specified in the
- Pilot's Operating Handbook or UAS Flight Manual.
- Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM).
- Aircraft Weight and Balance Handbook.
When operating an unmanned airplane, the remote pilot should consider that the load factor on the wings may be increased anytime
- the CG is shifted rearward to the aft CG limit.
- the airplane is subjected to maneuvers other than straight and level flight.
- the gross weight is reduced.
A stall occurs when the smooth airflow over the unmanned airplane`s wing is disrupted, and the lift degenerates rapidly. This is caused when the wing
- exceeds the maximum speed.
- exceeds maximum allowable operating weight.
- exceeds it`s critical angle of attack.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 2.) If an unmanned airplane weighs 33 pounds, what approximate weight would the airplane structure be required to support during a 30° banked turn while maintaining altitude?
- 34 pounds.
- 47 pounds.
- 38 pounds.
Which is true regarding the presence of alcohol within the human body?
- A small amount of alcohol increases vision acuity.
- Consuming an equal amount of water will increase the destruction of alcohol and alleviate a hangover.
- Judgment and decision-making abilities can be adversely affected by even small amounts of alcohol.
When using a small UA in a commercial operation, who is responsible for briefing the participants about emergency procedures?
- The FAA inspector-in-charge.
- The lead visual observer.
- The remote PIC.
To avoid a possible collision with a manned airplane, you estimate that your small UA climbed to an altitude greater than 600 feet AGL. To whom must you report the deviation?
- Air Traffic Control.
- The National Transportation Safety Board.
- Upon request of the Federal Aviation Administration.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 26, area 2.) While monitoring the Cooperstown CTAF you hear an aircraft announce that they are midfield left downwind to RWY 13. Where would the aircraft be relative to the runway?
- The aircraft is East.
- The aircraft is South.
- The aircraft is West.
Under what condition should the operator of a small UA establish scheduled maintenance protocol? a. When
- When the manufacturer does not provide a maintenance schedule.
- UAS does not need a required maintenance schedule.
- When the FAA requires you to, following an accident.
According to 14 CFR part 107, the responsibility to inspect the small UAS to ensure it is in a safe operating condition rests with the
- remote pilot-in-command.
- visual observer.
- owner of the small UAS.
Identify the hazardous attitude or characteristic a remote pilot displays while taking risks in order to impress others?
You are a remote pilot for an insurance comapny. You are to use your UA to inspect a roof in a remote area 15 hours away from your home office. After the drive, fatigue impacts your abilities to complete your assignment on time. Fatigue can be recognized
- easily by an experienced pilot.
- as being in an impaired state.
- by an ability to overcome sleep deprivation.
Safety is an important element for a remote pilot to consider prior to operating an unmanned aircraft system. To prevent the final "link" in the accident chain, a remote pilot must consider which methodology?
- Crew Resource Management.
- Safety Management System.
- Risk Management.
You have been hired as a remote pilot by a local TV news station to film breaking news with a small UA. You expressed a safety concern and the station manager has instructed you to “fly first, ask questions later.” Which hazardous attitude is this?
When adapting crew resource management (CRM) concepts to the operation of a small UA, CRM must be integrated into
- the flight portion only.
- all phases of the operation.
- the communications only.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 22, area 2.) At Coeur D`Alene which frequency should be used as a Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF) to monitor airport traffic?
- 122.05 MHz.
- 135.075 MHz.
- 122.8 MHz.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 26, area 4.) You have been hired to inspect the tower under construction At 46.9N and 98.6W, near Jamestown Regional (JMS). What must you receive prior to flying your unmanned aircraft in this area?
- Authorization from the military.
- Authorization from ATC.
- Authorization from the National Park Service.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 20, area 3.) With ATC authorization, you are operating your small unmanned aircraft approximately 4 SM southeast of Elizabeth City Regional Airport (ECG). What hazard is indicated to be in that area?
- High density military operations in the vicinity.
- Unmarked balloon on a cable up to 3,008 feet AGL.
- Unmarked balloon on a cable up to 3,008 feet MSL.
The most comprehensive information on a given airport is provided by
- the Chart Supplements U.S. (formerly Airport Facility Directory).
- Notices to Airmen (NOTAMS).
- Terminal Area Chart (TAC).
According to 14 CFR part 107, who is responsible for determining the performance of a small unmanned aircraft?
- Remote pilot-in-command.
- Owner or operator.
Which technique should a remote pilot use to scan for traffic? A remote pilot should
- systematically focus on different segments of the sky for short intervals.
- concentrate on relative movement detected in the peripheral vision area.
- continuously scan the sky from right to left.
Under what condition would a small UA not have to be registered before it is operated in the United States?
- When the aircraft weighs less than .55 pounds on takeoff, including everything that is on-board or attached to the aircraft.
- When the aircraft has a takeoff weight that is more than .55 pounds, but less than 55 pounds, not including fuel and necessary attachments.
- All small UAS need to be registered regardless of the weight of the aircraft before, during, or after the flight.
According to 14 CFR part 48, when must a person register a small UA with the Federal Aviation Administration?
- All civilian small UAs weighing greater than .55 pounds must be registered regardless of its intended use.
- When the small UA is used for any purpose other than as a model aircraft.
- Only when the operator will be paid for commercial services.
According to 14 CFR part 107, how may a remote pilot operate an unmanned aircraft in class C airspace?
- The remote pilot must have prior authorization from the Air Traffic Control (ATC) facility having jurisdiction over that airspace.
- The remote pilot must monitor the Air Traffic Control (ATC) frequency from launch to recovery.
- The remote pilot must contact the Air Traffic Control (ATC) facility after launching the unmanned aircraft.
According to 14 CFR part 107, what is required to operate a small UA within 30 minutes after official sunset?
- Use of anti-collision lights.
- Must be operated in a rural area.
- Use of a transponder.
You have received an outlook briefing from flight service through 1800wxbrief.com. The briefing indicates you can expect a low-level temperature inversion with high relative humidity. What weather conditions would you expect?
- Smooth air, poor visibility, fog, haze, or low clouds.
- Light wind shear, poor visibility, haze, and light rain.
- Turbulent air, poor visibility, fog, low stratus type clouds, and showery precipitation.
What effect does high density altitude have on the efficiency of a UA propeller?
- Propeller efficiency is increased.
- Propeller efficiency is decreased.
- Density altitude does not affect propeller efficiency.
What are characteristics of a moist, unstable air mass?
- Good visibility and steady precipitation.
- Poor visibility and steady precipitation.
- Poor visibility and intermittent precipitation.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 12.) The wind direction and velocity at KJFK is from
- 180° true at 4 knots.
- 180° magnetic at 4 knots.
- 040° true at 18 knots.
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 12.) What are the current conditions for Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)?
- Sky 700 feet overcast, visibility 1-1/2SM, rain.
- Sky 7000 feet overcast, visibility 1-1/2SM, heavy rain.
- Sky 700 feet overcast, visibility 11, occasionally 2SM, with rain.