Infinitive or Gerund? Fill in the right form of the verbs in brackets.
1. You fear (sell) your house.
2. We are always happy (help).
3. We are dedicated to (change) how things work.
4. We can't afford (bowl) tomorrow night.
5. We are really excited about (climb) that mountain.
Choose the best option.
I enjoy ________ to get up so early in the morning. Sleeping in is great!
- not to have
- not having
To be or not to be? Being or not being?
Drag verbs used with gerunds to the corresponding field in the alphabetic order.
Drag verbs used with infinitives to the corresponding field in the alphabetic order.
- Accuse of
- Worry about
- Can't help
Choose the best options.
She quit ____________ about ____________ unemployed and decided ____________ her own business.
- to complain
- to be
- to set up
- setting up
Gerund or infinitive? Fill in the right form of the verbs in brackets.
1. He promised his chores.
2. I need with you.
3. I advised her some soup.
4. He is responsible for all the buildings.
5. They avoid us.
Click on the verbs followed by a gerund or infinitive with a change in meaning.
Match the parts of the sentences.
She suggestedtaking the train as the traffic was terrible.
I find it difficultto remember new words.
They accused him ofstealing money.
I am going to the party, so I needto buy a new dress.
She was worried aboutfailing the exam.
Mark the sentences as correct or incorrect.
- Some people prefer getting up early in the morning.
- I look forward to help you paint the house.
- She suggested to go to a movie.
- Sandra decided studying economics in London.
- I don't know what I want to do tonight.
- Jim doesn't feel like going to a party tonight.
Choose the best answer option.
Congratulations on passing this course!
Hopefully, now you've got a better idea of gerund and infinitive.
To train a bit more, follow this link: Gerunds infinitive spin
Thanks for participating in the course!