What is Content Management?
The Content Management menu of the ICS controls all available functions and content displayed in the ICE application. This includes request modules, text information, images, and video media. The Content menu of the ICS also houses all of the guest comment card responses that have been received.
All content that is enabled can be accessed from the Main Menu section of the Content menu. Short cuts to other modules are also available under the Content menu such as Advertising (Announcements), Home (Main Menu hero images), Media Library, Misc. (Comment Card responses), My Account (Express Checkout enabling), and Stores. Many modules that are accessible from the Main Menu are also accessible directly from the Content menu.
The Main Menu section of the ICS under Content controls the display of the ICE application Main Menu.
- The display order of the tiles
- The display name and casing of the functions
- The image assigned to the tile
To add a new tile to the main menu select New Menu in the upper right corner of the Main Menu Section Overview. To update the display name, tile image, or active devices for any of the tiles expand the Section Settings by selecting edit to the right of the tile image.
To modify the configuration of the section module select the section name to the left of the tile image.
Each of the fields found under section settings controls a different piece of the tile in the ICE application.
- Title has a character limitation of 32 characters. The casing used to populate this field will dictate how the title is displayed on the tile in the application.
- ICE Module controls what type of functionality the tile will have. Once a tile has been saved the ICE Module assigned cannot be modified.
- Menu Image should be a .jpeg, 1024x1024 in size, with the focus of the image in the center to accommodate any cropping at the top and bottom that will occur in the application. To add a new image select Search Images, then click, drag, and drop the desire image. A new image can also be uploaded here.
- Override Access Code will override the authentication settings on the ICE Mobile application and require the guest to provide their full name and arrival date as opposed to last name and room number. This is used for any pre-arrival requests configured in the ICE application generally only present in ICE Mobile.
- Premium Content applies a layer of enhanced access to certain modules, requiring that the guest upgrade to access this content. This upgrade is only available from ICE Bedside applications.
- Devices controls which ICE applications this module will display. PC remains checked for the ICS while the other options reflect the available contracted ICE products.
ICE Module Types
All ICE Modules fall into one of four different categories:
- Information - primarily text information regarding the property, outlets, surrounding area, etc.
- Requests - this includes both specialized (tailored to fit a specific request) and custom (can be designed for any desired function).
- Links - launching an in-application browser to a defined website.
- Special Functions - non-request, interactive functions.