Chemistry Multiple Choice
Start multiple choice
Which of the following orbital diagrams corresponds to Mn
Which one is the odd one out?
Which p-orbital has a yz nodal plane?
Using VSEPR determine the shape of the molecule ClF3.
- Trigonal Bipyramidal
- Trigonal Planar
- Trigonal Pyramidal
What is the bond angle for Trigonal pyramidal? (in degrees)
What is the correct order of minimum electron-electron repulsion?
- bond pair-bond pair>lone pair-lone pair>lone pair-bond pair
- lone pair-lone pair>lone pair-bond pair>bond pair-bond pair
- lone pair-lone pair<lone pair-bond pair<bond pair-bond pair
What does hybridisation mean?
- a way of creating localised atomic orbitals that reproduce the observed shapes of molecules
- a way of creating delocalised atomic orbitals that reproduce the observed shapes of molecules
- a way of creating localised molecular orbitals that reproduce the observed shapes of molecules
What shape do sp2 hybrid orbitals arrange?
- trigonal planar
- trigonal bipyramidal
What happened to non-hybridised p orbitals?
- they're able to form pi bonds through sideways overlap with neighbouring p orbitals.
- form pi bonds through head on overlaps with p orbitals in the same orientation
End multiple choice
Match the electronic configuration with the correct quantum number
Match the p-orbital and nodal plane
zy nodal plane
xz nodal plane
xy nodal plane
If each orbital can hold 2 electron with opposite spins what is the total number of electrons that are present in
Match number of bond pairs with the correct shape
3 (no lp)
Match the shape with the correct bond angles (degrees)
Match the compound with the correct shape
What is the hybridisation for the central atom in BeF2?
What is the hybridisation for the central atom in SiO2?
What is the hybridisation for the central atom in SF4?