Welcome to the TeacherConvoy's online learning course. This is a mini-course in classroom management.
The course focuses on classroom management in a middle and secondary school setting. By the completion of the course, it is our hope that all learners were able to:
- Analyze their strengths and challenges in their classroom management system.
- Familiarize themselves with some best practices in classroom management.
- Delve into the critical role of classroom management, rules and procedures, disciplinary interventions, teacher-student relationships.
Section 1: Background Information
Lesson 1: Terminology
- Classroom Management is a process or a set of techniques used by teachers to keep their students organized and focused on learning.
In Practice, Classroom Management:
- Can focus largely on compliance, but that is only part of it.
- Establishes the behavioral and academic expectations for every child in the classroom.
- Is really about how an educator design a learning environment to facilitate or improve student learning.
Section 2: Strengths and Challenges