About the Style Guide
The current CAC style guide lives on a Google site Intranet that is kept up-to-date, accessible here: https://sites.google.com/site/californiaavocadostyle/
The purpose of the style guide is to define CAC's uniform standards for the development of all its documents, presentations and collateral materials. Adherence to style guide standards will aid in the production of consistent quality materials.
CAC’s editorial policy is to follow the guidelines of the Associated Press (AP) Stylebook. Please refer to those guidelines for all topics not included in the style guide.
Become familiar with the following sections of the style guide. You may reference the style guide in a separate browser tab while taking the quiz – the important thing is you come away with an understanding of how to use the style guide when you aren’t sure of CAC style.
- Editorial Style - https://sites.google.com/site/californiaavocadostyle/editorial-style
- Brand Guidelines and Logos - https://sites.google.com/site/californiaavocadostyle/brand-guidelines-and-logos
- Recipe Style - https://sites.google.com/site/californiaavocadostyle/recipes-and-photography
- Style Guide Help - https://sites.google.com/site/californiaavocadostyle/help
Match the correct style on the left for each use case below.
California AvocadoIn consumer-facing communication (online and advertising) and trade materials (other than trade PR and Supermarket RD communication)
California avocadoIn grower communication, trade PR, consumer PR and Supermarket RD communications
Fresh California AvocadoIn Foodservice communication
CA AvocadoFor use only on social media. Never used in presentations or reports unless referencing CAC’s social media handles
When can you use the acronym CAC? (check all that apply)
- After California Avocado Commission has been defined; e.g. California Avocado Commission (CAC)
- Any time
- On billboards
- In your email signature
True or False....
- When unsure of CAC style, and there is no specific CAC style in the CAC style guide, the Associated Press (AP) Stylebook should be referenced
- When drafting marketing copy, two spaces after each period used is the norm
- All content posted on the blog or website (recipes included) should be reviewed and optimized based on Search Engine Optimization best practices
- The CAC Commission logo (also known as the corporate logo) should be used for all corporate matters including: memos, letterhead, correspondence and trade events where the Commission is the sponsor or a participating member
- All logos should have the appropriate trade (™), registration (®) or service (SM) or marks when integrating into creative artwork and layouts
When developing recipes… (select the option that DOES NOT belong below)
- The Ingredients should be listed in the same order as the instruction steps
- Recipe categories from the website do not need to be considered
- The CAC recipe template doc should be used
- The Dropbox image location should be linked in the recipe template doc
- The CAC style guide should be followed
Select the correct spelling below:
Select the correct style below:
Select the INCORRECT style below:
- Web site
- Web page
- QR Code
Questions? Contact Zac Benedict [email protected]