Clocking In and Out
The good ole' days...
Team members should not punch in more than 5 minutes before the start of their scheduled shift. If you need to punch in before your shift, be sure to get manager approval.
When punching in, bay staff team members should see their bay supervisor to be punched in. When punching out for a lunch or break, bay staff team members should see their bay supervisor to be punched out and back in. Punching out at the end of a shift, see your bay supervisor.
Front of house staff (baristas, greeters, etc.) have access to punch in and out on the designated terminals.
Non-exempt (hourly) employees are eligible for overtime pay when work hours have exceeded 40 hours in one workweek. Overtime pay is equal to one and one half times the employee's regular rate of pay.
Only actual hours worked in a workday or workweek will be counted (e.g. paid leave, holiday hours, etc. will not be counted).
Team members are paid biweekly. The payroll schedule is as follows:
Monday – Pay period ends
Tuesday – Payroll submitted
Friday – Direct Deposit processed
Saturday – Payroll checks distributed (May be picked up after 12pm)
If Thursday of the payroll week falls on a holiday, then direct deposit will not be processed until the following Monday.
If and/or when a new paycheck needs to be issued, due to expired check, lost check, etc., a stop check fee of $38 will be charged and deducted from the duplicate paycheck.
Customers provide tips at their own discretion. All tips are to be placed in the tip box and will be distributed to team members based on the team member’s hours worked during that pay period. Tips, if earned, will be given out with each paycheck.
Pocketing tips is considered stealing, prohibited and is grounds for termination.
401(K) Profit Sharing Plan
The Company offers a 401(k) retirement plan for eligible team members. To be eligible to participate, you must:
- Be over 21 years of age;
- Have completed 1,000 hours of service; and
- Have been employed with the Company for 1 year
The Company, at its discretion, may match a portion of the funds deposited by the employee. Any contribution that you elect to make will be deducted directly from your paycheck and deposited in your 401(k) account. Enrollment for the 401(k) Plan will be on a semi-annual basis. Please see the General Manager or Assistant General Manager for any questions.
Canton Car Wash offers medical, accident and life insurance benefits to eligible employees. See your HR Manager for details.
Employee Wash Plan
You are allowed one wash per week under the following conditions:
- You must have a valid driver’s license.
- The vehicle being washed must be your main transportation to and from work.
- The vehicle being washed must have a Company barcode in the driver’s side door and must be scanned prior to every wash.
- You may not switch vehicles unless your primary vehicle is out of commission. (sold, accident, stolen, etc.)
- You must drive your own vehicle through the tunnel.
- You must be clocked out in order to redeem your weekly wash.
- Your wash should be done after your shift and are not allowed on a Friday or Saturday unless otherwise approved by a manager.
- Unused washes do not carry over from week to week.
- You must be actively employed to have a free wash.
- The Company is not responsible for any damages that may occur to your vehicle during the wash process.
The Company may suspend or terminate your privilege to participate, for example, if you do not comply with this policy.
Employee Detail Plan
You are allowed two half off details per calendar year under the following conditions:
- You must have no unexcused absences for the calendar year.
- Details will not be performed on a Friday or Saturday unless otherwise approved by a manager.
- Customer details are of top priority and take precedence over all Team Member details.
- Unused details do not carry over from year to year.
- Your details can be used on other vehicles outside of the Team Member Wash Plan.
- You must have an account with the Company and all details must be documented within said account.
- You must be actively employed (i.e. not on leave) to receive details.
The Company may suspend or terminate your privilege to receive details, for example, if you do not comply with this policy.