The Aleph Champ Teacher Training Course
Make this Aleph Champ year a successful one.
- 3 modules broken down into 7 lessons
- Highly engaging videos
- Review questions
Compiled by the the Aleph Champ team, with voice over by Aleph Champ founder Chani marcus
Get Aleph Champ certified today!
Tell us who you are!
Module 1 - Aleph Champ Overview
Why was aleph champ created?
Spot on! You're an Aleph Champ!
- So teachers can have a break
- For kids to learn how to speak Hebrew
- For new and exciting ways for students to learn Hebrew reading
What is the motivation for the children doing aleph champ?
- Aleph Champ Games
- The karate color system
What is the goal at aleph champ?
- To let kids have fun
- To learn how to speak Hebrew
- For the child to be confident enough to read hebrew
Why is it important to teach the mesorah way?
- Students are imbued with a sensitivity to spirituality
- Because it’s nice to keep to traditions
- Educators say it is the best method for learning a language
Why shouldn’t we rush the process of teaching hebrew?
- It will be harder for kids to learn
- It is the foundation of our Judaism
- It will create more confusion
What is the role of the Sensei?
- To provide clear goals and guidance
- To compliment the students
- To test the student's every so often
When should a student be tested?
- When the student really wants to move on
- When the parents feel the student is ready to pass
- When the sensi decides the student is ready.
How should slower students be dealt with?
- Ignore it and let the student figure it out
- sensitivity and individually by the head staff.
- Exceptions shouldn’t be made
Module 2 - How it works
What do orange level, yellow level and green level have in common?
- They come right after each other in the rainbow
- They each cover 3 vowels
- They each cover 22 letters
The exceptions are found in what level?
What is the focus of purple champ onwards?
- fluency and accuracy
What is the # of WPM for black?
Why are stripes necessary?
- Because it reflects the karate system
- Breaks level down into smaller, more attainable goals
- Helps kids focus
What is most important Aleph Champ item?
What is the purpose of bookmarks?
- For teachers to keep track of their progress
- For students to keep track of their progress
- For parents to keep track of their progress
Why is it important for higher levels to use flashcards?
- To give them something to keep busy with while you focus on lower levels
- To constantly review the basics
- To give them different materials to use to practice with
Module 3 - Putting it to Use
Why is it important to keep to a strict schedule?
- So students can gain the maximum amount of time to read hebrew
- So the students see who’s boss
- Because a good Hebrew school runs with set structure
What is the purpose of warmups
- To get everyone excited to learn
- To ensure everyone reviews their basics
- To start off the lesson with everyone in sync
What is the role of the Champ Coach?
- To monitor progress and to pass students
- To pass students and to assign homework
- To make sure everyone is behaving
What is the purpose of the tracking system?
- To be able to tell parents where the students are holding
- To make sure kids are progressing from level to level
- To give the students smaller goals to accomplish
Why is it important to celebrate achievement?
- So kids are motivated to learn more
- To show parents that student is learning
- Students really need certificates and awards